2019 Open Barn and BBQ
Picture courtesy of EquiSport Photos
Friday, April 26
5:30 – 8:30 PM
A celebration of Thoroughbreds in second careers, New Vocations at Mereworth Farm will open its doors for tours, a meet-and-greet with the horses, educational demonstrations and a delicious BBQ meal. Guest of honor is Nick Larkin, an international event rider and winner of the inaugural 4-star Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event; he will offer his perspective on the retraining process of OTTBs, which allows him to discover what the horse knows, what it needs to learn, and in the process gives insight into the horse’s personality and what career may suit it best.
Just a few reminders:
- If you have purchased tickets online, your name will be at the check-in tent, there is no need to print any tickets
- The farm address is: 719 Dolan Lane, Lexington, KY 40511; there will be plenty of signage directing you to the farm and parking
- Gates will not open before 5 p.m.
- Dress code is casual; this is a functioning farm, so please be prepared for weather and be aware that there is uneven terrain and walking is necessary to tour the barns.
- Vegetarian options are available (grilled cheese and all salads are vegetarian)
- Please be prepared to present your ID if you are of legal drinking age
- We do not allow food in our indoor arena, so please enjoy your meal under the tent before heading inside to watch Nick Larkin’s demonstration
If you wish to check out and bid on any items in our (awesome!) silent auction, you can do so here:
NEW FOR 2019: EXCITING ONLINE AUCTION!
- $175 gift certificate to Le Deauville Bistro
- Zulu Nyala Safari Package for Two, Six Nights
- Private lesson with International Event Rider Nick Larkin
- Autographed American Pharoah Photo
- Private, rare bourbon tasting for four at Justin’s House of Bourbon
- Tipperary Equestrian Eventer Pro Vest and Sportage Hybrid Helmet
- Pessoa Thermal Reflective Turnout Blanket
- And may more items and experiences